Sunny · 50°
350 Public Sq.
Greenfield , IA 50849
PO Box 317
Greenfield, IA 50849
641-632-2122 (Collections Fax)
The Adair County Attorney is the legal advisor and chief law enforcement officer for the county.
The County Attorney DOES:
- Prosecute all violations of state criminal laws and county ordinances.
- Provide legal advice to the Board of Supervisors and county and township officers concerning county matters.
- Represent and defend the state, county and its officers in officially related cases.
- Recover all monies (debts, fines, penalties, etc.) owing to the state or county.
- Present all mental health commitment proceedings and all juvenile delinquency and children in need of assistance cases.
The County Attorney in his or her official capacity DOES NOT:
- Give legal advice to or represent private groups or persons.
- File lawsuits for private persons or defend them against lawsuits, including actions for dissolution of marriage.
- Prepare wills, deeds or other legal documents for private individuals.
There are both full-time and part-time County Attorneys in Iowa. Roughly two-thirds of County Attorneys are part-time and may handle private legal work in addition to their official duties.
- Iowa Code
- Iowa Courts Online
- Iowa Legal Aid
- Iowa Department of Corrections
- Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Melissa Larson, County Attorney
- Donnell Griffith, Paralegal
- Nellie Griffith, Legal Assistant