Sunny · 77°
Admin Office & Maintenance Shop
602 SW 2nd St.
Greenfield, IA 50849
Monday - Friday
7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
The Adair County Engineer is responsible for the construction and maintenance of the secondary road system of Adair County, Iowa.
The road system is made up of approximately 1,016 miles of roads; 793 gravel, 135 earth, and 88 miles paved. The road system also includes 279 bridges. It's divided into 10 motor patrol districts of approximately 186 lane miles each. Maintenance is governed by ordinances according to the class of roadway: A, B, or Level C.
Latest News & Projects
The County Engineer posts bid notices to the IA DOT website.
- Nick Kauffman, Engineer
- Nichole Queck, Office Manager
- Sawyer Hansen, Assistant to the County Engineer
- Ray Palmer, Road Superintendent
- Nathan Jensen, Weed Commissioner
- Kevin Pickrell , Engineering Technician
- Janelle Meisenheimer, Office Assistant