Driver's License operations are by appointment only until further notice. To set up an appointment, or if you have any questions, please call us at 641-743-2312.
All driver's license services are by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call 641-743-2312.
- Driver's License appointments are available Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Driver's License written testing appointments are available Monday - Friday, 8:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- Car Drives are offered Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
- Instruction Permit: $6
- Upgrade from Instruction Permit to Minor School License: $8
- Upgrade from Minor School License to Intermediate License: $8
- Upgrade Intermediate License to Operator's License at 17 years old: $10
- Upgrade Intermediate License to Operators License at 18 years old
- Renewal license: $4/yr
- 8-year license: $32
- Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP): $12
- Photo ID: $1 per year; 8-year: $8
- CDL: $8 per year
- Motorcycle Endorsement: adds $2 per year
The Real ID deadline has been extended to May 3, 2023. Once in effect, only persons with a Real ID will be allowed to enter federal buildings that require identification to enter, commercial aircraft, and nuclear power facilities. To see if you have the correct documents for the Real ID please visit the Iowa DOT's Real ID information page.
Commercial Drivers License Renewal
In order to renew a CDL without a Real ID, you must bring a state-certified birth certificate with you.
We can now place a Veteran symbol on the license or Identification Card of any veteran who presents a copy of their DD-214 at the time of issuance.
To learn more about Organ Donation, and becoming an Organ Donor please visit the Iowa Donor Network Website.